Because people don't always know if chiropractors are considered "real" doctors, they may also wonder if chiropractors are worth their time and money. To answer the first question: Yes. Chiropractors are real doctors. They receive the same amount of schooling and training as a regular medical doctor; however, they do not prescribe prescription drugs or perform surgeries. To answer the second question: Again, yes. This article lists six reasons to explain why chiropractors are worth it.
- Help to relieve headaches. Over forty-five million adults suffer from chronic headaches. Because of this, many patients visit a chiropractor to help provide relief. Chiropractors adjust misalignments in the spine and neck to help provide relief that other solutions may not always be able to provide.
- Back pain relief. It is estimated that eighty percent of the American population will suffer from back pain at some point during their lives. This is a stifling statistic, especially considering that healthcare can be very costly. Back pain can be caused from poor posture, misalignments of the spine, previous injury, etc. Visiting a chiropractor can help to alleviate this pain.
- Improve the quality of sleep. Many people suffer from a poor quality of sleep. Often times, this can be caused by back pain. However, if one who is suffering from a poor quality of sleep due to back pain, visiting a chiropractor can help to improve their sleep.
- Help to improve the mood and help with depression. Many people in America suffer from some sort of emotional ailment, whether it be depression, anxiety, or other issues. A study conducted help to show that seventy percent of patients who had a chiropractic adjustment noticed a significant increase in their mood and depression.
- No prescription drugs or surgery. As is previously stated, chiropractors do not prescribe any prescriptions or perform any surgeries. This can be a great advantage, as it reduces the reliance of patients on addictive pain pills. With surgery, it is not always guaranteed that the ailment will be cured and, in some cases, surgery may cause even more problems. Visiting a chiropractor for a more holistic approach can help reduce these possible risks.
- Increasing range of motion. Sometimes when muscles are tight, this can reduce the range of motion for the patient. It may be physically painful to move or the patient simply may not be able to move as far as they should be able to. Visiting the chiropractor can help to reduce inflammation and tension, thereby increasing range of motion.
In the long run, chiropractic care is worth the time and money, simply because they can help alleviate a significant number of issues.